Total Pageviews to Date

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Recharging…Planning anew!


The weather here in Northern New Hampshire has moderated a little today and I was able to finally wash the tons of white salt encrusted on my pickup truck. I also gave the two mountain bikes a bath. The camper remains in the shop. There isn't as much salt on it, but I would love to also give it a good rinse.
1
Blackhawks landing!
All is well on the home front. My pulled leg muscle is getting better, my mother-in-law seems to have stabilized. Just maybe, in a couple of weeks, we may possibly head out and salvage some of this winter getaway. We now are rethinking our destination. Plan “B” was flying to Los Angeles and renting a car and touring the Southwest for a  month or so. The thing that bothers me about this plan is that the weather in the Southwest has been cooler than normal. If there is one thing that I want this winter, it is to get warm! Here comes plan “C” Key West, Florida. The temperature there is always in the mid-seventies... my kind of weather! There are a couple military RV Campgrounds that I have been eyeing ever since we visited Key West a few years back. NASKW Campground [Naval Air Station Key West] and Marathon Recreation Cottages & campgrounds; RV Park [Coast Guard Station Marathon]. Both of these excellent parks may be full, but I am betting that their overflow will handle us for a few days until we can get a full hookup site.

That is what we are thinking and planning!


No comments: