Total Pageviews to Date

Monday, December 14, 2015

Day Two "Of the Marathon"!

This evening, I must say that I’m tired. Not because I drove another 450 plus miles again today. No because the day started out at my usual 5am roll call and we were driving on I-81 by 6am, but because a dense fog filled the mountainous region of Pennsylvania. It was like that for a couple of hours. The white knuckles keep me on edge! Finally, the sun came out for a few hours which gave us a break. The afternoon, turned out to be not so great as the rain came in for the rest of the day. Tonight, we are parked at another Cracker Barrel Restaurant for the night. We are located south of Richmond, VA close to the North Carolina border. I’d say we are about half way to Key West, Fl.
On the positive side… The temperature today was in the low seventies! The evenings are acceptable in the mid 50’s. Our furnace is surprisingly quiet and keeps us comfy in the camper.
The other good news is the cost of gas! I’ve seen it as low as $1.75 a gal here in Virginia. We’ve been paying around $2.03. This helps defray the decrease (miles per gal) mileage from pulling the 5th wheel. I’m a “Happy Camper” but also a tired one. I must be getting older, I’ll have to check the calendar!
Well that’s the scoop for today. No time for pictures and a longer blog, but I ‘ll do better when we arrive in Key West.

That’s what we saw and did!

No comments: